Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  14:44:43  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all the quality here are some screenshots

the menu

the episode print quality

the audio

very clear and bassy/punchy mono always french and english, u need to choose nederlands at the first screen to enable english audio

The boxset

Generating an ear-bursting howl, it rises slowly into view from behind a low desert hill, like a predator leaving its lair. There is only one word to describe it........ awesome!

Taken from the script of Airwolf the movie aka the pilot

www.facebook.com/goldsmith3rd

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/airwolfofp?ap=1
airwolf season 4 episode 1) i will check our files and verify what im saying ......... in the meantime be patient.......i haaaaaaaaaaave

Edited by - goldsmith 3rd on 08/12/2010 01:14:08

mohvijan Offline

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:26:11  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looks very nice
They finally got it out

But one thing I don't understand, is why did they release it early in France?

0-Moh
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:32:19  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
only thing i can think of is cos its a universal/ studio canal release and studio canal is French

Generating an ear-bursting howl, it rises slowly into view from behind a low desert hill, like a predator leaving its lair. There is only one word to describe it........ awesome!

airwolf season 4 episode 1) i will check our files and verify what im saying ......... in the meantime be patient.......i haaaaaaaaaaave
Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:48:18  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
There must be some reason they have released the 4th season DVD first in France. Anyway I'm very excited and eager to see it as an Airwolf Season 4 fan. In fact, I've already ordered the DVD via Amazon.fr, too so I expect it to arrive here soon. :)

The final addition to the entire series of Airwolf on DVD... it's really fantastic, I think. It would be 22 years since Airwolf stopped being aired here in Korea in early 1988 except some recent reruns on cable TV.

Choi Jae-moon
The Greatest Airwolf Fan in Korea &
The owner of the Airwolf Season 4 Homepage

http://www.jaemoon.pe.kr/airwolf-season4

Edited by - jaemoon on 07/29/2010 15:53:48
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:55:08  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
i got the English audio on the dvd by selecting Netherlands at the dvd start up and turning of the subtitles. good job we have google translate lol

Go to Top of Page

strokemondeo Offline
Webmaster
Airwolf
Blue Thunder

Airwolf
Blue Thunder

United Kingdom
4537 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  17:22:59  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking good there Steve , if it dont come out in the U.K ..... I'll have to buy french .

" poised in the air , wavering ever so slightly from side to side , the aircraft almost seemed to be a living entity unto itself "
from Ron Renaulds opening to the novel "airwolf"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to contact me or report a problem, please PM me straight away , if you haven´t received a reply to your initial pm within 48 hours .... then please use my email address ...... strokemondeo@yahoo.com , and place " Airwolf.org " into your title , so it doesn´t go into the spam folder .... ( thank you )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Black Panther Away

Canada
753 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  17:40:28  Show Profile Away  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looks mighty nice. I sincerely hope it sees a North American release soon since it is a Canadian season . I don't want to end up buying region free player just for this one DVD set.
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  20:46:56  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/airwolfwallpapers/airwolf%20season%204dvd%20screenshots/?start=40

Go to Top of Page

Martin G. Grant Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  22:40:07  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goldsmith, are the original USA Network commercial break stings intact? These were stings utilsing 2nd Unit aerial footage of Airwolf (sometimes even using shots that weren't or perhaps couldn't be used in the actual episodes themselves) that the editors and graphic artists produced themselves, having the "Airwolf" logo appear in different ways.

Just goes to show Universal do have material we've yet to see and hopefully one day will get to see. I'm referring to 2 photos on the back sleeve; seems when the legendary Dick Van Dyke (Barry's father of course) guest-starred on the show (in the 'MALDUKE' episode), they took advantage and set-up a photo opportunity in the studio, whilst filming the interior Lair scenes (notice Michele Scarabelli wearing the yellow top and beige trousers; I'm sure her fanclub webmaster Jonathan Ruddersman will love that one ) and one with Barry Van Dyke and Geraint Wyn Davies, taken in-between takes of 'THE KEY', since Geraint's wearing his undercover get-up to infiltrate an enemy hide-out on the Isle of Dundee (and although your scan is very blurred Goldsmith, looks as if he's also sporting his make-up blood, since he's pursued and captured on-site), and Barry wearing the flight-suit and "Airwolf" jacket on-top.

You can just tell that shot was taken during a break from filming, because neither actor, seperately or together, appears that way in the episode itself; the only time they do appear is when Geraint is lying on the bed, drugged, with Barry over him, trying to wake him up, but realising he's out of it somehow, and shortly after, Barry is carrying Geraint on his back to escape.

Can't wait for this one to arrive Kingdom-side!
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  23:48:05  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
no the ad break bits arnt included thats the only thing missing

Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  05:57:26  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goldsmith 3rd

no the ad break bits arnt included thats the only thing missing

That's exactly what I guessed, too. I wish they were included in the DVD.

Choi Jae-moon

Go to Top of Page

Lairkeeper Offline

United States
1460 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  17:26:06  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any additional features (i.e. bonus footage, interviews, etc.)?
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  19:54:00  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lairkeeper

Are there any additional features (i.e. bonus footage, interviews, etc.)?

afraid not no

Go to Top of Page

strokemondeo Offline
Webmaster
Airwolf
Blue Thunder

Airwolf
Blue Thunder

United Kingdom
4537 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  17:02:28  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
In this shot , I wonder what the yellow line is on the under side , just behind the ADF pod ... STRANGE ??? I wonder if it's the laser they added to season 4 ?

" poised in the air , wavering ever so slightly from side to side , the aircraft almost seemed to be a living entity unto itself "

to contact me or report a problem, please PM me straight away , if you haven´t received a reply to your initial pm within 48 hours .... then please use my email address ...... strokemondeo@yahoo.com , and place " Airwolf.org " into your title , so it doesn´t go into the spam folder .... ( thank you )

Edited by - strokemondeo on 07/31/2010 17:03:32
Go to Top of Page

gonzo1 Offline

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  20:32:43  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff, cannot wait to get mine. The only problem is do i wait to see if a UK or US release is on the cards or just go for the French?
The thing that caught my eye is with the Title Menu. It's says Airwolf and not Supercopter.
Or is that only because you used the Netherlands setting? If not then it seems kind of odd that they use Airwolf as the title and the rest of the menu is in the native language.

Edited by - gonzo1 on 07/31/2010 20:33:56
Go to Top of Page

violate Offline

United States
160 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  05:41:50  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mohvijan

That looks very nice
They finally got it out

But one thing I don't understand, is why did they release it early in France?

0-Moh

Because it's only getting released in France.

"It´s not a lousy helicopter Senator, it´s Airwolf!"
Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  16:36:36  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I don't care about the very fact that the Airwolf Season 4 DVD has been released in France. Anyway, Universal released it and the important thing is that we finally can have it on official DVD. It really came true now.

Choi Jae-moon

Go to Top of Page

strokemondeo Offline
Webmaster
Airwolf
Blue Thunder

Airwolf
Blue Thunder

United Kingdom
4537 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  23:26:17  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
watch this space , it will get released in other countries .

Go to Top of Page

Airwolf04 Offline
Webmaster
SeaQuest DSV

SeaQuest DSV

United States
452 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  01:30:18  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steve, the yellow line behind the ADF Pod is something from the original blueprint. In the original draft, the ADF Pod was supposed to slide into position from the rear; that yellow line was the original ADF Pod hatch.

-A.C. Lettow
Webmaster/Moderator
´SeaQuest DSV´ - tv-series.com
Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  03:10:19  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Airwolf04

Steve, the yellow line behind the ADF Pod is something from the original blueprint. In the original draft, the ADF Pod was supposed to slide into position from the rear; that yellow line was the original ADF Pod hatch.

My thought is exactly the same, Adam. But it's a little bit different than the real scene in the episodes as you know. The hatch slides to open frontward.

Anyway, sorry for no contact with you for a long time. How have you been?

Choi Jae-moon

Go to Top of Page

Airwolf04 Offline
Webmaster
SeaQuest DSV

SeaQuest DSV

United States
452 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  03:24:11  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not been too bad, Choi. Things have been going well; almost an Air Traffic Controller. Everything going well for you?

-A.C. Lettow
Webmaster/Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  17:09:41  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I received the package delivered from Amazon.fr. As soon as I opened and unsealed it, I had the #1 disc played in my DVD player. I was a little bit surprised that they used the original opening theme in the menu screen. Differently than I expected, there's no option for English audio or subtitles provided.

Anyway as a result, I have the full collection of officially-released Universal Airwolf DVD's. However, I also wish the USA or UK version of the Airwolf Season 4 DVD will be on the market soon. Let's wait and see.

(P.S.) Yes, Adam. Everything just goes fine these days. Hope the same to you. What facilities do you work at now, radar or tower?

Choi Jae-moon

Edited by - jaemoon on 08/03/2010 17:12:50
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  17:30:22  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
there is english audio if u select nederlends at the begging of the dvd

Go to Top of Page

jaemoon Offline

Korea, Republic of
341 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  19:20:21  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't think of trying the Netherlandish option in the menu. I just guessed it was the same to the French one. I've just checked it as you told me and I found it. Thank you for your advice.

Choi Jae-moon

Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:18:30  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaemoon

quote:

I didn't think of trying the Netherlandish option in the menu. I just guessed it was the same to the French one. I've just checked it as you told me and I found it. Thank you for your advice.

no probs

Go to Top of Page

Airwolf04 Offline
Webmaster
SeaQuest DSV

SeaQuest DSV

United States
452 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:30:29  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been wanting to order this from the French Amazon site but I was curious about the turnaround time for those not in Europe. Probably will be on my list of things to get the next time I get paid.

Choi, I will be working at a Tower facility that doubles as a Radar Approach Control, as well. It's an older facility but I will get twice as many ratings as one normally would in a Tower. Been looking forward to it and hoping the wait isn't too much longer.

-A.C. Lettow
Webmaster/Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Airwolf1001 Offline

Russian Federation
434 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:06:45  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is fantastic!It is released...Finally!It has been a long time.By the way,we can order it to our country,but it will arrive only in 120 days.How do you think it would be better:to order it now or to wait for "English" version?

May AIRWOLF always guide you!!!!
Go to Top of Page

tron1981 Offline

Belgium
18 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:51:10  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello fellows !

I'm from Belgium, very close from France.

In belgium, in south of the country (called Wallonie), people speak french an in north (called Vlanderen) people speak nederlands.

"Supercopter" is the title used for "Airwolf" only in France and french spoken Belgium. That's the reason why if you choose the "Nederlands" menu, the title is "Airwolf" and not "Supercopter" because in Vlanderen, people watch movies or series with the original language with subtitles. There are not dubbed version like in France.

I think that this fourth season is first released in France for 2 reasons :
- "Airwolf" is still very popular in France.
- The series is very often re-aired on TV channels and the fourth season has been entierely aired a little time ago, so it wasn't forgot at all.

I'm very glad to own the entire series on DVD. I dream of it for a so long time...
Go to Top of Page

strokemondeo Offline
Webmaster
Airwolf
Blue Thunder

Airwolf
Blue Thunder

United Kingdom
4537 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  22:11:04  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a question Steve ....
Is it in English sub titles ..... or do they use the original dubbing in English ?

I forgot to ask earlier ..... I wouldn't wanna watch it if I had to read the sub titles as well .

Go to Top of Page

Roheryn Away
Webmaster
MacGyver
Star Trek: TOS

MacGyver
Star Trek: TOS

Germany
2894 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  22:15:41  Show Profile Away  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by strokemondeo

I wouldn't wanna watch it if I had to read the sub titles as well .

Same here! Either I watch the video or I read the subtitles. I can't and won't do both at the same time. I'd miss too much.

Live long and prosper! \V/
Think positively!
"I learned something a long time ago: never laugh at what you don´t know." - Silent World (MacGyver)
Go to Top of Page

goldsmith 3rd Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
3043 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  03:46:00  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
u can take the English subtitles off and still have the English audio u turn the subs of in the menu by going to the 3rd option down and choosing nut i think it said its the second option in the subs option the 3rd option down

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
= Offline, = Away, = Online
tv-series.com © 1994-2010 tv-series.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000